Chef job description: 1. Responsible for enhancing the food product that is presented to guests.
2. Make changes that respond to the marketplace and to guests’ needs, both present and anticipated. 3.
Recommend changes to the food product. 4. Use market research to develop new products. 5. Responsible for maintaining quality of food product and ensuring consistency in food delivery and standards. 6. Provide support of a specialist nature to the Executive Committee, particularly to the Director of Food & Beverage, and the Food & Beverage Manager. 7.
Work in support of team goals and measures effectiveness through the Food & Beverage profit and service performance of the hotel. 8. Responsible for the selection, training and development of the personnel within the department.
9. Able to exercise hire and fire discretion within hotel’s policies. 10. Oversee divisional matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws.
11. Control the elements that determine profit and loss. 12. Responsible for all major operating expenses.
13. Set margins and manage the business against projections. 4. Make decisions that relate to profit and loss. 15. Responsible for the financial management of the operation.
16. Give direction and be responsible for the implementation of plans.17. Monitor effectiveness and introduce changes in response to the marketplace. 18. Set targets, plan and schedule work and performance indicators that are typically productivity and efficiency measures. Executive Chef Job Specification 1. Minimum of 3-5 years in a similar scale operation, or be an Executive Sous Chef with 7-10 years experience and demonstrable skill set.
. Proving ready for a move into the Executive Chef Position. 3. A degree from an accredited culinary university a plus, however experience in top club operations will be factored in addition to a degree. 4. Have a solid track record of developing and implementing cost control measures 5. Possess a solid background of training both culinary and service personnel, while delivering a quality consistent product. 6.
Sanitation Certificate 7. Ability to work early morning or evening shifts